Wednesday 9 July 2008

Friends

Recently Tristan and I got to meet Robin and Chrissy, son and daughter-in-law of our supervisors. We'd heard a lot about them for a year and were anxious to get to know them ourselves. We all had the opportunity to climb a hill near to Stirling known as Dumyat. It was a bit of a trek to the top, but had a great view of Stirling and the surrounding area when we got there. Although the day turned rainy (as most summery Scottish days do), we had a wonderful time getting to know a couple who have had and will have a great impact on the church in Scotland.
It was very windy at the top!
This past weekend our friends from Wichita, Ryan and Samantha, were here to visit us. We made the most of our short time together and had wonderful long talks about all sorts of things. We were able to take them around to see a few of the sights of Stirling, but most importantly, they were able to worship with the Stirling Church on Sunday morning and meet the church members. It was a great blessing and encouragement to have them with us. We deeply value their friendship, prayers and commitment to our work here in Scotland.

L to R: Sam, Emma, David, Tristan and Ryan (not pictured: Leslie and Cameron)


Lately I've been thinking about friends that I haven't seen or talk to in a long time. Tristan and I recently had a phone conversation with friends that we haven't spoken with in a very, very long time. It was so wonderful to catch up on their lives and to share ours with them. I have to say it was just absolutely refreshing!
I leave you now with two pictures that were taken exactly a year ago today (July 9th). The first is of friends and family eating "the last supper" together at On the Border. The second is of my dear friends and college roomies Amy, Carrie and Jen as we met at Starbucks for a farewell.

Clockwise from bottom Left: Carrie, Tristan, Me, Nancy (my mom), Jamie (my cousin), Nick (my uncle), Rhonda (my aunt), Jenna (my sis), Blake, Derek (my bro), Megan, Brett, and Aidan
Lambda Lodge Roomies (l to r): Amy, Carrie, Me, Jen... Love you girls!

1 comments:

amy nickerson said...

Hey friends! I have been thinking of you guys lately, since it's been 2 years since I've been back and a year since you left already. I can't believe how quickly time flies. I hope you're doing well...I enjoy getting all your updates. I know you're doing a great work in Stirling. Will you be coming back for a furlough? Hope to hear from you again soon!!!!