Wednesday 17 March 2010

Ben A'an and Baby Shower

Ben A'an was the first "hill" that we climbed in Scotland back in October 2007.

Here's a picture from the top in the Autumn. A beautiful, but somewhat hazy day.

Two weekends ago we hosted a young man who was traveling on an overseas study program. While he was here, we decided he needed to climb a hill to truly experience the beauty of Scotland. Here's the same view in the spring. The snow really brought out the peaks in the distance and made for a breathtaking view.

Here's a photo of all of us at the top. Thanks for coming to stay Reuben! We were glad for the opportunity to see the beauty of God's creation!

Don't judge me for using walking poles. These things seriously save my knees and toes on the steep ascent and descent. After we climbed Ben A'an the first time, my knees and toes were killing me after so much jarring on the way down. I LOVE my walking poles!!

The spooky forest and trail. Actually it's not spooky at all, but the trees do make an eerie sound when the wind knocks them together.


A photo of Tristan after he walked through the freezing, melted snow stream. Maybe someday we'll have a post on here about all of the times he's done that! It all started with a dare...
On the drive back we stopped at this frozen over lake to take a few pictures. You can see all the rocks on the ice. We had lots of fun trying to break the ice with rocks. (Not all of the rocks are ours. We got the idea from the little kids who we saw doing it.)

This past weekend the ladies from our church through a baby shower for my friend Emma and her second baby boy, Finlay. I was so excited to try my hand a doing a nappy (the British word for diaper) cake. I think my first attempt turned out well. I used this tutorial video which was extremely helpful.

Me and Finlay at the shower. He is impossibly sweet!





4 comments:

Samantha Corcoran said...

Beautiful hill photos! There is nothing like fresh mountain air and those awesome views. BTW,those are some fashionable walking poles!

Congrats to David & Emma! (great job on the "cake"!)

Ryan Corcoran said...

So what on earth are you going to do for hill walking when you move back to Kansas?!

Guess we'll have to take some field trips to Colorado...

Donna said...

I love the walking sticks. You can beat anyone down with them who makes fun of you. :) The diaper cake is awesome.

Nancy said...

Great job on the diaper cake, Les!
Also enjoyed the beautiful pictures.