Wednesday 28 January 2009

Burn's Night

This year marked the 250th Anniversary of Robert Burns birth. This year is also known as a year of Homecoming in Scotland. Basically it's a campaign to make people aware of Scotland's heritage and promote tourism. Check out this site for more information and to help plan your trip to Scotland! :)

Now onto pictures of a wonderfully fun evening!

Tristan enjoying his haggis, neeps and tatties!

Everyone that wore traditional Scottish attire.


The guys in their kilts.
Almost everyone "took a turn" and preformed something for Burn's Night. We had several poems read, traditional Scottish songs sang, guitars played, sing alongs, and an amazing harpist! Tristan even got to resurrect his Chi jigging skills from college. He was a big hit!

Me and my wee boyfriend, Cameron.

Me and my man boyfriend. I opted out of the Scottish attire this year. :)

4 comments:

thegermanygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thegermanygirl said...

Oh, I so wish we could've been there with you guys! I wouldn't have understood a word, of course--but there were men in kilts, so who cares?!? ;oD Also, I still want to try haggis!

Love the "wee boyfriend" vs. "man boyfriend" shots. ;o)

Greetings to everybody there!

P.S. I was sorry to read about Danny and Jie going back to China. I know you'll miss them a lot.

P.P.S. My word verification letters spell "lekeedi." Weird.

Anonymous said...

nice kilt! and haggis, "Oh it smells terrible, your father will love it."

James said...

I was enjoying your weekly posts - emphasis on the word "was". :)

I have been intending to ask ... . In the January newsletter, Judy and Mia are flashing what I would call the "V for Victory", but I doubt seriously that is their message. On a trip to Okinawa last fall, I noticed the same thing among the Japanese. So what are they saying with that sign?

Keep up the good work! We are looking forward to seeing you in a few months.